Our services are free and provided through grants from the Administration for Community Living. We provide services in Clark County Nevada for individuals with permanent disabilities of all ages and disabilities.
We look forward to working with you to develop and achieve independent living goals.
To schedule an appointment call 702-889-4216 and press extension 101 or e-mail and we will reach out to you.
Direct service appointments are provided remotely or on site.
- Mary Evilsizer, Executive Director, MA, MBA, Bilingual – English-Spanish
- Alicia Santiago, Office/Data Manager, Administrative Assistant – Bilingual English-Spanish
- Shirley McCall, Office Coordinator, Information and Referral and Satisfaction Survey Specialist and Peer Counselor
- Minerva Rivera, Lead Trainer/Independent Living Coordinator, Peer Counselor/Advocate –Bilingual English Spanish
- Lupe Kaawaloa, Independent Living Coordinator, Peer Counselor/Advocate
- Kate Osti, Independent Living Coordinator, Peer Counselor/Advocate
- Patricia Monteros, Follow-up Information and Referral Specialist, Peer Counselor-Bilingual English-Spanish
Located about one mile from the Las Vegas Strip, SNCIL has been in Southern Nevada since 1984. In 1995 SNCIL became a stand-alone Center for Independent Living and established a satellite office to serve the rural areas of Southern Nevada.
Differing from most organizations that serve people with disabilities, SNCIL is founded on the belief that independent living is about consumer control. Guided by the Independent Living and People First Philosophy, the majority of board, staff and volunteers are individuals with disabilities. We are here to help you adapt to living with your disability and pursue the life you want to live.
SNCIL is one of approximately 350 consumer directed Centers located throughout the United States, Guam, Puerto Rico and American Samoa funded by the Department of Health and Human Services Administration for Community Living.
We are committed to “Removing Barriers Preventing Independent Living” by providing services designed to empower people with disabilities to:
- Make individual choices
- Assume responsibility to direct their lives
- Manage their own affairs
- Fulfill social roles
- Achieve independent lifestyles in the community
32nd Annual Disability Awareness Day & COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic
Co-Sponsored by Southern Nevada Center for Independent Living (SNCIL);
The City of Las Vegas, Nevada; The Challenger; and Southern Nevada Community Health Center.
October 7, 2023
10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Sammy Davis Jr Festival Plaza at Lorenzi Park
720 Twin Lakes Drive
Las Vegas, NV 89107