Due to health concerns surrounding COVID-19, the Southern Nevada Center for Independent Living offices are temporarily closed and all on-site group events are cancelled for Clark County Nevada.
For general information or problem solving for COVID-19 call us at 702-889-4216 or by e-mail at Sncil@sncil.org. We are operating Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
We continue to schedule remote appointments to provide core services.
Coming soon web-site calendar for virtual peer support groups and training workshops.
- Mary Evilsizer, Executive Director, MA, MBA, Bilingual – English-Spanish
- Alicia Santiago, Office/Data Manager, Administrative Assistant – Bilingual English-Spanish
- Shirley McCall, Office Coordinator, Information and Referral and Satisfaction Survey Specialist and Peer Counselor
- Minerva Rivera, Lead Trainer/Independent Living Coordinator, Peer Counselor/Advocate –Bilingual English Spanish
- Jackie Cortez, Independent Living Specialist, Peer Counselor/Advocate –Bilingual English-Spanish
- Lupe Kaawaloa, Independent Living Specialist, Peer Counselor/Advocate
- Patricia Monteros, Follow-up Information and Referral Specialist, Peer Counselor-Bilingual English-Spanish
Located about one mile from the Las Vegas Strip, SNCIL has been in Southern Nevada since 1984. In 1995 SNCIL became a stand-alone Center for Independent Living and established a satellite office to serve the rural areas of Southern Nevada.
Differing from most organizations that serve people with disabilities, SNCIL is founded on the belief that independent living is about consumer control. Guided by the Independent Living and People First Philosophy, the majority of board, staff and volunteers are individuals with disabilities. We are here to help you adapt to living with your disability and pursue the life you want to live.
SNCIL is one of approximately 350 consumer directed Centers located throughout the United States, Guam, Puerto Rico and American Samoa funded by the Department of Education Rehabilitation Service Administration.
We are committed to “Removing Barriers Preventing Independent Living” by providing services designed to empower people with disabilities to:
- Make individual choices
- Assume responsibility to direct their lives
- Manage their own affairs
- Fulfill social roles
- Achieve independent lifestyles in the community